2nd International Student Workshop
14th Polish-British Workshop
- Traveling salesman problem, Justyna Kaszałka, Wroclaw TIN. Testing various methods for a variation of the problem taking the time to achieve certain points which are open at predefined limit timeslots. Results for up to 14 points with exact methods and some tests with heuristics.
- 3D printing path optimisation, Mateusz Wójcik, Wroclaw, AIC-1. Interesting problem of fixing the head movement to minimize the transition shifts of the head within a single 2D print image. Additional challenges with 3D layers and shifting from one layer to the next.
- Multi-agent path finding with congestion information, Mariusz Hudziak, Wroclaw, AIC-3. Interesting problem of re-planning paths in spaces with obstacles and multiple agents moving through space. Crowds slow down the flow and agents have to re-plan. Congestion information available in a form of a graph (with sub-tiled congestion information).
- Invited talk: The right to be forgotten, Maciej Piec, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria. The case of google, and new “delete the link about me” service. 12,000 requests in the first 24 hours. The example of snapchat: sharing resources that are available only within a certain time-limit that is enforced by the service provider.
- Inverted Spherical Pendulum control atop a spherical drive system: sensory filtering and control theory, Matthew Evans, Leicester DMU. Trying to balance robot on top of a ball. Data Fusion, combining gyro and accelerometer, magnetic compass. No external reference. Mahony and Madgwick filter (instead of Kalman). Quaternions. Switching to matrix based rotation calculations and Kalman filter.
- Modular Exponentiation for Big Numbers, Tomasz Baginski, AIC-1, RSA cryptosystem, Montgomery algorithm comparison to the traditional modular exponents algorithm.
- Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm for Route Optimization of Drill Machine, Adrian Cyga, Wroclaw – AIC-1.
- Invited talk: Ewa Osekowska, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Karlskrona, Sweden. STRAND System for Anomaly Detection in Maritime Traffic. EAS system. Potential Field Charge based battle field analysis. (check the slides) Local charge (accumulates), field decay, potential distribution.
- Justyna Kulińska, Detection of Fuzzy Patterns in Multidimensional Feature Space in Problem of Body Gesture Recognition. 3D gesture recognition, algorithm design, implementation and statement. The gesture == the pose. Clustering algorithm.
- Pyroeis Asbjorn Sporaland and Magnus Vik http://bit.ly/pyroeis
- Invited talk: Dr. Garimella Rama Murthy IIIT — Hyderabad, Towards a resolution of P=NP conjecture.
- Anna Strzelecka, Leicester – DMU, An Approach to optimize utility-service provision for sustainable households
- Pawel Ksieniewicz, Wroclaw, Hyperspectral image visualization
- Roza Goscien, Wroclaw, A simple cost analysis in elastic optical networks
- Invited talk: Anna Zakrzewska, Bell Labs Alcatel-Lucent, Dublin, Ireland (check the prize competition deadline, 15th of July).
- Lukasz Gadek, Coventry CTAC, The computation of pole-placement and root locus methods for an appealing class of bilinear systems.
- Bartlomiej Superson, Love Songs Recognition System
- Matelusz Borowski, Computer experimentation system for finding an optimal route considering fuel combustion traffic jams and delivery time
- The need for solitude
- Ultrabirkebeiner 2014